After being challenged by a housemate, a student was left stunned after her bottom half became stuck in a tumble dryer.
Rosie Cole, 21, resorted to dialling 999 and being assisted from the machine by the local fire brigade who blue lighted their way to her student house.
After several glasses of rosé and tequila, the 21-year-old was challenged by a pal to try and fit inside the drying device and although she believed she had “no chance” she found herself wiggling her way into the drum.
Firefighters rushed to the scene at around 11pm, with Rosie saying they “save cats from trees” so would “save students from tumble dryers”.
Rosie, from Hull, East Yorks, said: “I was with my other housemates, and one of them dared me to get in it.
“Thinking there was no chance I’d actually fit, I decided to try it and to my surprise, it seemed easier than I thought.”
The student went on to say: “It wasn’t until I wiggled both my hips in and got my legs crossed behind me that I realised I couldn’t get out.
“I am a bit dramatic so I didn’t think it was that bad at first, and my housemates were making me laugh, but when I realised that I couldn’t uncross my legs and my hips were stuck I got a bit worried.”
After trying to escape from the tumble dryer, she says that the machine tipped forward and her housemates attempted to pull her from the machine.
Speaking about the reaction she received from the emergency services, she explained: “They were lovely and they just laughed at me. When they were leaving they opened the washing machine and asked if anyone else needed saving.
“They gave us a fire safety brief and asked if we knew what to do if there was a fire.
“I remember learning stop drop and roll but I don’t know how relevant that is when you’re inside a dryer.”
She went on to explain that she doesn’t do her own washing and had never used the tumble dryer.